In 2013, the summer school will provide grants for participants from Central and Eastern Europe. The grants, that are financed by the Otto-Brenner-Stiftung (OBS), can be awarded either to students from consortium member institutions as well as students from non-consortium universities (who apply through the open call for participation).
The grant includes:
1. a waived participation fee: covering accommodation, breakfast, coffee, and Summer School materials (including 2 books)
2. full or partial travel refund: students receive full travel refund (that cannot exceed the maximum travel reimbursement set by DAAD) and have to submit their travel documents (see below).
Rules of eligibility for Individual Grant:
- The student has been accepted to participate in the summer school and has submitted the 10-page paper by May 25.
- The student has sent in a 2 paragraph application letter explaining why grant should be awarded to him/her. (MS Word or PDF document)
- The student has sent in a letter of recommendation (max one A4) from the his/her supervisor. (scanned document)
- Travel refund is valid only if the student provides all necessary travel documents (boarding passes, invoices, and proof of payments) no later than September 5, 2013 (date of stamp). If the documents are sent in late, the travel refund grant can be withdrawn.